Attending college is so much more than going to classes. It’s about going somewhere where you feel welcome. Finding a place where you can be who you are. 享受一个地方 where you can open yourself to new opportunities.
The Office of 学生权益 项目 & 服务 is here to help you feel welcome. We create a courageous space where meaningful conversations can happen to create change. We are a resource that works collaboratively throughout Southwestern College to extend the values of diversity and equity.
Seeking help getting what you need? Looking for someplace to engage? 试图找到 a voice on campus that you can relate to? 立即联系我们. Our student-centered staff is here and ready to help you.
We are working remotely for immediate assistance please email: email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 619 482-6546.
For updates connect with us on social media: Instagram @swc_student_equity or 脸谱网.com/swcseps or Twitter @swcequity
We have clear, measurable goals that we keep track of to ensure that Southwestern College is a place where student equity is a priority on campus.
- Increase the proportion of all applicants to SWC who enroll
- Increase the proportion of all students retained from fall to spring at SWC
- Increase the proportion of all students who complete transfer-level math and 英语 at SWC within their first academic year
- Increase the number of students who earn an Associate Degree or CCCCO-approved credit certificate at SWC
- Increase the number of students who transfer from SWC to a four-year institution
- Eliminate identified equity gaps at SWC
The office supports the SWC Dreamer Center by creating an open space for Immigrant Student Populations. The 董事会 has demonstrated support for immigrant student populations through several resolutions:
- 2013年4月: 1796号决议 - Supporting a Reasonable and Human Approach to Reforming the Current 移民制度
- 2015年4月: 1885号决议 - Supporting Executive Actions on Immigration
- 2016年11月: 1984号决议 - Supporting and Respecting Immigrants
- 2016年12月: 1988号决议- Guiding Principles for Immigrant Students
- 2017年1月: 1992号决议 - Upholding Civil Rights of All Residents
Learn about SWC's 学生权益 项目 and 服务
教师, staff, and students are encouraged to contact the Office of 学生权益 项目 and 服务 for consultation related to discrimination and harassment prevention.